All exam bookings
New candidate details when you book
When you book exams using our new booking service, we will ask for some new candidate information.
Candidate date of birth
- When you book an exam for a candidate you will need to provide their date of birth. You will not be able to complete your booking without this information as we need it to identify candidates in our system.
Candidate (parent/carer) email address
- Providing an email address for the candidate is compulsory for remotely-assessed Performance Grades and ARSM and for online Music Theory exams.
- Providing a candidate's email address will allow them to easily set up an account. With an account they can go online to view exam information, change exam dates and access their results and mark forms seven days after we release them to the applicant.
Contact ID – provided by us
- We will provide all candidates with a unique Contact ID, once a booking has been made for them using the new exam booking service. The Contact ID will appear on all future exam information relating to that candidate.
New candidate account option
Candidates (parents/carers), who are not the exam applicant, have the option to set up their own ABRSM account in the candidate’s name. With an account they can go online to:
- Check exam appointments and venue information.
- Change practical appointments at Public Venues and change Performance Grade exam submission dates.
- View results, including their digital mark form for practical and Performance Grades, seven days after we release them to the exam applicant.